Fablehaven



There are a lot of books that have Fablehaven's theme: children go reluctantly to kooky relatives house only to discover themselves in a world of magic and wonder (usually inhabited by magical creatures). However, Fablehaven is a fantastic read that lends a new light to a well-worn idea. This book had me up way past my bedtime wondering what happens next on the namesake fairy and magical creature preserve. There's plenty of humour and suspense, well-drawn characters and interesting twists. I kept wanting to slap Seth, the little brother, who constantly disobeys authority and puts everyone in danger, but I suppose that's part of the tension. You always need a good I-want-to-kick-you-in-the-pants character.

Author: Brandon Mull

Publisher: Aladdin (April 24, 2007)

This book has a sequel! Yay! It's titled Fablehaven: Rise of the Evening Star.

It's on my booklist, and as soon as I read it I'll post a review!

No comments: